Gemic is a global business strategy and innovation consultancy with offices in New York City, Berlin, and Toronto. Over the past decade, we have built a practice aimed at helping leading corporations and institutions create sustainable growth through a richer understanding of the emerging shifts in culture, business, and technology through a human-centered approach.
Our strategists work in small, self-directed teams to solve some of the most existential business challenges faced by today’s business leaders. We pride ourselves on our intellectual curiosity and rigor, globally-minded approaches, care for each others’ wellbeing, and ambitious approach to client work – and are committed to ensuring our employee experience always reflects these values.
About the Role
The Operations Coordinator is a newly created role at Gemic. We are a small firm that has been steadily growing over the past 5 years and are looking to expand our administrative support team. While being physically located in New York City, this is a global role that will work closely with the Operations Leads in each office as well as with the People & Culture Lead (based in Germany) to ensure our operational initiatives run smoothly and advance global company culture initiatives.
In you, we are looking for a strong, passionate collaborator and culturally competent champion of people to help us provide outstanding experiences for our employees. You believe the devil is in the details and through this philosophy, bring an exceptional attention to detail in the operational support you provide. You have a passion for, or interest in, people management functions like designing a personalized, seamless onboarding experience, cultivating a diverse and inclusive company culture, and creating inspiring, comfortable, and productive office environments.
The Operations Coordinator is a true left brain / right brain role. On one side, you will become the organizational backbone of Gemic, developing and managing the systems, processes, and tools that ensure our business runs smoothly, employees have what they need to do their best work, and standards are kept across all offices. On the other side, you excel in creative ventures and find joy building unique experiences, whether that’s for our employees, our clients, or potential new hires.
Currently, our Operations Leads own all business operations responsibilities within their offices and work together to ensure equity and consistency across offices globally. The Operations Coordinator will work closely with our Ops Leads, in a cross-functional capacity, to help analyze and drive operational initiatives across Gemic while being a critical player in the day-to-day business operations. A large part of the value that can be brought through this role is to analyze our current processes and take them to the next level as part of a new, cohesive global office strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities
People and Culture
- Manage the Employee Onboarding and Offboarding experience
- Manage company culture events, employee gifts, and other activities
- Coordinate employee Bi-annual Performance Reviews
- Support in the design of university career fairs and other recruitment events
- Other Talent/HR processes as defined by the People & Culture Lead (eg: internal and external talent register)
- Support administrative needs ad hoc
- Design uniquely Gemic client experiences for when teams are hosting clients including coordinating space rental and/or setup, catering, meeting supplies, etc.
- Manage our client appreciation program
- Work with leadership to design a cohesive, on-brand feel across all offices; help build out and execute on a global office vision
- Manage weekly food and beverage orders, office supply orders, office equipment
- Manage weekly cleaners and facility vendors
- Support in designing and setting up our new New York and Berlin offices
IT & Vendor Management
- Manage IT purchases, IT equipment, company phone plans, global company IT systems
- Troubleshoot IT issues, monitor systems, and liaise with IT support vendors
- Facilitate safe set up of equipment for new hires
- Assist in vendor issues with onboarding to systems, payment, information, etc.
- Support in data security training
- Manage the company intranet, company document repository
- Complete operational close out of projects
- Develop content for, implements, and tracks, regular training for policies and procedures
Skills & Interests
- You are highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- You are service-minded and friendly; have excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You have the ability to effectively handle a high volume of details, prioritize work, and multi-task across many assignments. Did we mention you have exceptional attention to detail?
- You feel accountable for completing tasks to a high level of quality and in a timely manner and proactively communicating your progress along the way.
- You are independent, mature, and responsible in completing work, but also proactive at escalating any roadblocks and feel comfortable asking for guidance and help with troubleshooting when needed.
- You have excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- You are globally minded, empathetic, an expert collaborator, and passionate about working with diverse teams.
- You naturally gravitate to people and enjoy building a fun, engaging office culture.
- You have the communication skills and emotional intelligence to quickly establish credibility with and gain the trust and respect of colleagues in the organization. You must be able to balance asking the right questions with providing direction to ensure that initiatives are successfully implemented.
- You are creative and love to build unique experiences.
- You are IT savvy, or interested in learning that quickly!
- You have experience in, or natural ability to, understand cultural/country differences and design solutions and experiences that work for a diverse range of people. This requires both cultural sensitivity but also the ability to research local policies and procedures in the different regions that Gemic operates (the US, Canada, Germany, Finland).
- You have a high level of integrity and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience – minimum 3 years working in office management or operations for a high-growth consultancy, agency, creative shop, or something similar is required
- Education level – Bachelors or equivalent degree preferred, but not required
- Degree or certification(s) in business administration, project management, human resources, or related fields a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, G Suite
What we offer
- A full-time role as part of a dynamic, international team in our New York office
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer-sponsored health benefits, 401k, and commuter benefits
- 25+ days PTO per calendar year
- Annual learning stipend, an employer-paid phone plan, and more
- Multiple growth paths as the company grows, including more specialized roles in finance, HR, project management, or IT
Please submit your cover letter and resume/CV below.
Also note confirmation of submission will appear on the screen, not received via email.