Operations Coordinator – Berlin
Gemic is a global business strategy and innovation consultancy with offices in New York City, Berlin, and Toronto. Over the past decade, we have built a practice aimed at helping leading corporations and institutions create sustainable growth through a richer understanding of the emerging shifts in culture, business, and technology through a human-centered approach.
Our strategists work in small, self-directed teams to solve some of the most existential business challenges faced by today’s business leaders. We pride ourselves on our intellectual curiosity and rigor, globally-minded approaches, care for each others’ wellbeing, and ambitious approach to client work – and are committed to ensuring our employee experience always reflects these values.
About the Role
The Operations Coordinator is a newly created role for Gemic in Europe. We are a small firm that has been steadily growing over the past 5 years and are looking to expand our administrative support team. While being physically located in Berlin, this is in part also a global role that will work closely with our Operations Coordinator in North America, the Operations Leads in each office, as well as with the People Lead (based in Germany), to ensure our operational initiatives run smoothly and we advance our global company culture initiatives at the same time.
In you, we are looking for a strong, passionate collaborator and culturally competent champion of people to help us provide outstanding experiences for our employees. You believe the devil is in the details and through this philosophy, bring exceptional attention and focus in the operational support you provide. You have a passion for, or interest in people management functions like ensuring a personalized, seamless onboarding experience, cultivating a diverse and inclusive company culture, and creating inspiring, comfortable, and productive office environments.
The Operations Coordinator is a true left brain / right brain role. On the one hand, you will become the organizational backbone of Gemic, developing and managing the systems, processes, and tools that ensure our business runs smoothly, employees have what they need to do their best work, and standards are kept across all offices. On the other side, you excel in creative ventures and find joy building unique experiences, whether that’s for our employees, our clients, or potential new hires.
The Operations Coordinator will work closely with our Operations team in a cross-functional capacity, to help analyze and drive strategic operational initiatives across Gemic while being a critical player in the day-to-day business operations. A large part of the value that can be brought through this role is working with our Operations Coordinator in North America to analyze our current processes and take them to the next level as part of a new, cohesive global office strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- People and Culture
- Support employee on-boarding and off-boarding experience
- Manage local company culture events, employee gifts, and other activities and cooperate on global initiatives
- Support in the design of university career fairs and other recruitment events
- Support Talent/HR processes as defined by the People Lead
- Support administrative needs ad hoc and take ownership of regular administrative tasks
- Client Experience
- Design uniquely Gemic client experiences for when teams are hosting clients including coordinating space rental and/or setup, catering, meeting supplies, etc.
- Support client communication on administrative matters
- Support in designing and setting up our new Berlin office with the globally cohesive, on-brand feel and create an office atmosphere that fosters collaboration, connection and efficiency
- Manage food and beverage orders, office supplies, office equipment orders, cleaners and facility vendors
- Own the smooth running of the Berlin office and support in the set up and running of potential new locations (hubs, offices)
- IT & Vendor Management
- Set up and troubleshoot local IT and video conferencing equipment
- Identify and liaise with local tech vendors
- Assist vendors and freelancers regarding onboarding to systems, payment, etc.
- Support in data security training
- Knowledge Management
- Help organise the company’s knowledge management
- Complete operational close out of projects
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
Skills & Competencies
- You are highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- You are service-minded and friendly; have excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You have the ability to effectively handle a high volume and high complexity of details, effectively prioritize work, and multi-task across many assignments.
- You are independent, mature, and responsible in completing work, but also proactive at escalating any roadblocks and feel comfortable asking for guidance and help with troubleshooting when needed.
- You have excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- You are globally minded, empathetic, an expert collaborator, and passionate about working with diverse teams in different markets.
- You naturally gravitate to people and enjoy building an engaging office culture.
- You are creative and love to build unique experiences.
- You are IT savvy and capable of learning that quickly!
- You have a high level of integrity and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience – minimum 3 years working in office management or operations for a high-growth consultancy, agency, creative shop, or similar is required
- Education level – Bachelors or equivalent degree preferred, but not required
- Degree or certification(s) in business administration, project management, human resources, or related fields a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, G Suite, Notion (is a plus)
What we offer
- A full-time role as part of a dynamic, international team in our beautiful office in the heart of Berlin – Mitte
- Competitive salary
- Attractive company perks & benefits (personal learning and development budget, contribution to company pension plan, phone plan, travel and travel health insurance….)
- 25+ days PTO per calendar year + Monday of if public holiday is during the weekend
- Multiple growth paths as the company grows, including more specialized roles in finance, HR, project management, or IT
How to Apply
Please submit your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Ops Coordinator – Berlin Application.” If your qualifications match, we’ll be in touch to discuss further.
Documents should be Microsoft Word or PDF files.